Week beginning 15th May 2022
1. FOODBANK URGENTLY NEEDED: Milk (UHT or powdered); Fruit Juice (long life carton); Hamburgers, Haggis, Macaroni, Ravioli, Spaghetti, Sausage, Beans. Tinned – meat, fish, vegetables, tomatoes, fruit, rice pudding.
2. PASTORAL MATTERS: Appointments can be made for Pastoral visits to meet with Philip, John and Marianne, telephone numbers on back page. If you need to speak with us, please don’t hesitate to phone or email or use the contact us form.
3. ORGAN POSTLUDE: ‘Ecce Sacerdos Magnus’, by Andrew Gant
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
4. DISCUSSION GROUP meet on Monday 16th May at 1.30pm. Contact Celma for further details (contact us form).
5. CHRISTIAN AID: EASTGATE are having a ‘BIG BREKKIE’ on Tuesday 17th May from 9.30am. Please come and join us for breakfast. Donations to Christian Aid.
6. WEEKDAY WORSHIP this Thursday 19h May is at 11.15am, led by Stephen McGuire from Found Church. All welcome.
7. JOINT CHURCHES ONLINE PRAYER GROUP next meets on Zoom 20th May 8.00– 8.40am. Details from Margaret Tooth.
8. CHRISTIAN AID: OUR COFFEE MORNING this Saturday, 21st May will be a joint event with Larbert West and St Bernadette’s. There will be Cake and Candy, Plants and Handmade Cards for sale. Tickets are now available £2 or pay at the door. Donations can be handed in from 6.00 – 6.30pm, Friday evening or 9.00am on Saturday morning. Please come along and give your support to some of the poorest people in the world. Anyone interested in helping, please speak to Fiona Jardine or Alex Duncan. This morning there are Christian Aid envelopes in the pews. These can be taken away and returned next week. Thank you.
THIS WEEKS NOTICES
8. BREAKFAST PRAYER MEETING on Zoom is on 8th May from 9.00am-approx. 9.30am. Details from Dave Tooth.
9. FLOWER CALENDAR 8th May: Marion Yeaman
10. EASTWORDS: Any items for the next Eastwords should be sent to Marion Harvie by 8th May please. Email address below. Thank you.
11. CHRISTIAN AID: EASTGATE’S first meeting will take the form of a ‘BIG BREKKIE’ on Tuesday 17th May. Also, a COFFEE MORNING will be held on Saturday 21st May, with a couple of stalls. Please come along and give your support to some of the poorest people in the world. More information nearer the time. Anyone interested in helping, please speak to Fiona Jardine or Marianne Harvey. Thank you.
9. SUNDAY/THURSDAY WORSHIP: For both services - In line with recent changes to Covid regulations, our risk assessment has been updated. There is no longer a need to pre-book or register on arrival, and mask wearing is now optional. For those who prefer it, socially distanced seating is being retained in the side pews.
10. JOINT CHURCHES ONLINE PRAYER GROUP next meets on Zoom 20th May 8.00–8.40am. Details from Margaret Tooth.
11. FLOWER CALENDAR 22nd May: Betty Scott (1)
12.ELDERS/PASTORAL VISITORS can collect Eastwords from the vestibule in the Church on Monday 23rd May from 6.00 – 6.30pm. If you are unable to collect, please contact Kelvin or Sheila.
13. MEMORIES GROUP: The next meeting will be on Wednesday 1st June at 2.00pm. The speaker will be Geoff Bailey on “Women in World War 2 “
14. SUMMER HOLIDAY CLUB WITH Mike Glass of Larbert Churches Youth Trust: The Holiday Club this year will be held from 4th to 8th July from 10.00am-12 noon in Carronvale House. Please see poster on board at front door of church, also on the back wall in the large hall. https://www.suscotland.org.uk/larbertholidayclub
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE:
Next Sunday our service is at 10.30am led by Rev Rhona Graham from Tron St. Mary’s Church, Glasgow. Philip will be leading worship in Rhona's Church. The Young Church meet in the Hall from 10.15am before the service. Contact Young Church Leader Senga for details. The Youth Group meet in the Upper Room, also from 10.15am. Tea/coffee will be in the Large Hall at the close of the service. Please join us.