Week beginning 20th June 2021
1. PASTORAL MATTERS: Due to ongoing restrictions, the Ministry Team (Melville, John, Marianne & Charlene) will undertake pastoral matters by phone or online. If you need to speak to us, don’t hesitate to phone or email or use the contact us form
2. eLECT : This evening we have our last monthly online eLECT for this session, led by our own Darren Jalland. It will ‘premiere’ at 6.30pm. Please join in for the prayer across Scotland for our nation and leaders at 7pm. More information on Larbert East Church website: Prayer Page.
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
3. MEMORIES GROUP: The next quiz comes out tomorrow, 21st June. More information from Duncan Walker at 556200 or use the contact us form
4. THE MONDAY ZOOM DISCUSSION GROUP meets tomorrow at 2.00pm. This will be the last meeting until after the summer. Please get in touch with Celma: contact us form
5. WEEKDAY WORSHIP is open for public worship again this Thursday 24th June at 11.15am led by Melville. If you’d like to come, you must book a seat using this phone number: 07956 516160. It's the last WW for this session. The service will also be live-streamed on our YouTube channel. Masks must be worn, as well as observing social distancing and the one-way system. All welcome to book a seat and come!
6. RE-OPENING CHURCH FOR SUNDAY WORSHIP: Larbert East Church continues to be open for Sunday public worship. For the next 2 months, unlike before the pandemic, the children won’t come into church at all. Instead the Young Church will meet at the same time in the Large Hall (maximum 30 children) throughout the slightly shorter service. It allows us to get more people in the church building.
There will be 76 places but 2 people from the same household/‘bubble’ are now allowed to sit at each space, so we could have 152 in church! Seats must still be booked in advance (see below). We can use the balcony, so unless you are unable to climb the stairs, be prepared to be allocated a seat upstairs! The service will also be live-streamed on our YouTube channel. Masks must be worn, social distancing and the one way system observed and we will can now sing!
7. YOUNG CHURCH: Parents must book places for the Young Church at the same time as their own seats in church. The booking number is the same as Weekday Worship and Sunday Services: 07956 516160.
8. JOINT ‘GARDEN PARTY’ WORSHIP: On Thursday 1st July, from 7-8.15pm, the Discussion Group will be joined by friends from other churches who took part in the Advent, Lent and Pentecost online Bible Studies. The meeting will take place around tables, outside in Larbert East Church garden, and begin and end with a short act of worship. There will be tea/coffee and wrapped biscuits served to the tables. (We’ll reschedule if the weather is poor). If you’d like to come, please let Melville know to book your seats for Track and Trace purposes.
9. MONTHLY CHURCH CAR PARK FOODBANK COLLECTION: Saturday 26th June, 11am-12noon. Items needed: tinned soup, custard, rice, fruit, spaghetti, potatoes, cereal, tea bags and coffee. Please remember to wear a face mask. Thank you.
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE
We are in Church again for our Morning Service at 10.30am which will be led by Melville and Charlene, when we begin a new theme for summer, ‘The One about…’ There will be no all-age talk, so the service will be shorter than usual. This is Charlene’s last Sunday with us, so do come along to give her your prayerful support.
The Young Church Summer Club will meet from 10.30am in the Hall, finishing at the same time as church. Contact Young Church Leader Senga for more details.
Do join us in church (or online) next Sunday.
Larbert East YouTube Channel with livestream and recent services