Week beginning 29th November 2020
1. ONLINE REMEMBERING SERVICE 2020: We are holding a Remembering Service this afternoon at 2.30pm for all those who have been bereaved in the last 2 years. Though it must be online and not open to the public to attend in person, with the permission of the families concerned, it will be livestreamed. Please do join in online.
2. PASTORAL MATTERS: Due to restrictions, the Ministry Team (Melville, John, Marianne and Charlene) must undertake pastoral matters by phone or online. If you need to speak to any of us, please don’t hesitate to phone or email or use the Contact Us form
3. PRAYER: Please join other Christians in lighting a candle and praying at 7pm every Sunday evening, for the corona virus pandemic. More information on Larbert East Church website: Prayer Page.
4. FOODBANK: needs warm clothing, waterproof coats and footwear (e.g. wellingtons) for primary age children, as well as: Toiletries, Toilet Rolls, Toothbrushes/Paste, Gents disposable Razors/Cream. Thank you for your donations brought to the car park yesterday. Further information on Falkirk Foodbank Website.
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
5. MEMORIES GROUP: If you would like a copy of this week’s ‘Screen Quiz’ or a paper of Rugby memories and a quiz called ‘The Rugby Piper’ please contact Duncan on 556200 or use the Contact Us form.
6. ZOOM DISCUSSION GROUP: The Monday Afternoon Group meets at 2.00pm. All ladies welcome. Please get in touch with Celma: Contact Us form.
7. WEEKDAY WORSHIP: We’re open for public worship this Thursday 3rd December at 11.15am led by Charlene. We are restricted to 50 maximum attending, including staff and those on duty, so if you’d like to come, you must book a seat using this phone number: 07956 516160. The service will also be live-streamed on our YouTube channel. Face masks, social distancing, test and protect details, a one-way system with entry and exit by the main door only, is observed.
8. THURSDAY ADVENT ZOOM BIBLE STUDY: The next meeting will be this Thursday 3rd December 7.30pm, joint with Larbert West. All welcome. Contact Melville or use the contact us form on the Church website if you’d like to receive the link.
9. CALLING ALL YOUNG CHURCH PARENTS/CARERS: Please remember to return your child/ren’s Nativity costumes to the Church carpark, next Sunday 6th December between 12-12.30pm. Thank you.
10. KIRK SESSION: Next online Teams meeting 9th December at 7.00pm.
11. EASTWORDS: Printed copies can be picked up by Elders/Pastoral Visitors from the vestibule in the Church from 6.00 – 7.00pm on Monday 14th December.
12. LARBERT WEST: will welcome friends who’d like to join the prayer group, every Wednesday at 2pm. Contact 01324 562177 to book your seat.
13. AN ONLINE SERVICE OF PRAYER FOR UNITY for the Larbert Churches of Scotland will be led jointly by Melville, Rev Julie Rennick (Larbert West), Rev Jim Todd (Airth) and Mr Iain Scoular (locum Reader at Larbert Old) next Sunday evening at 6.30pm. It will be live-streamed from Larbert East, leading into the ecumenical prayer at 7pm. Please join us online.
NEXT SUNDAY’S ONLINE COMMUNION SERVICE – 2 nd SUNDAY IN ADVENT
The Online Morning Service at 10.30am will be led by Melville and Charlene when we continue our Advent theme: ‘Thankful’. We will also celebrate an ‘online’ Communion, so do have your bread and wine ready. The Young Church meets online from 10.00-10.25am. Contact Young Church Leader Senga for details.