Week beginning 23rd January 2022
1. TEA/COFFEE: Due to tighter restrictions, there is no tea/coffee after the Morning Service
2. COIN CANS: Just a reminder, if you have coin cans to be emptied, Eleanor Neilson is still collecting them. Small or large denominations welcome. Thank you.
3. PASTORAL MATTERS: Due to ongoing advice, John will undertake pastoral matters by phone or online. Philip and Marianne will arrange pastoral visits too. If you need to speak to us, don’t hesitate to phone or email or use the contact us form
4. THIS MORNING’S POSTLUDE: Rondeau from Abdelazer by Henry Purcell
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
5. MONDAY AFTERNOON DISCUSSION GROUP meets tomorrow, 24th January at 1.30pm. Contact Celma for further details on the contact us form
6. WORSHIP TEAM MEETING takes place this Thursday 27th January at 9.15am in the Small Hall.
7. WEEKDAY WORSHIP this Thursday 27th January at 11.15am will be led by Jim Todd from Airth Parish Church. The number to pre-notify us you are coming is the same for Sunday worship: 07956 516160. Masks must be worn.
8. FOODBANK: Our monthly Foodbank collection resumes this Saturday 29th January in the car park from 11.00 – 11.30am. Please note change of time. Thank you once again for your support.
9. SUNDAY WORSHIP: You don’t need to phone to book seats, but are strongly advised to phone (number below) to ‘pre-notify’ us by Friday 5pm that you are coming. We still need contact details for Test and Protect. Those who pre-notify will be ‘fast-tracked’ on arrival at Church (or if you can register on your mobile using the new QR code on display in the Vestibule.) You can just come, but will need to wait until we record your details. Masks must still be worn and entry is by the main Church door. Services are also live-streamed on our YouTube channel. YOUNG CHURCH: Parents are also asked to phone to notify that your children are coming as well. The phone number is: 07956 516160.
10. WOMEN’S GROUP: Due to COVID guidance, our January meetings are now postponed. We will monitor the situation and hopefully start back in February. Contact Janice McIntyre or Joyce Barron for further details
11. BANNER AND CRAFT GROUP was due to start on 31st January, but due to the changes in COVID conditions, it has been decided to postpone until next month and the date will be confirmed nearer the time.
12. MEMORIES GROUP will meet in the Large Hall on Wednesday 2nd February at 2.00p.m. when we will hold a Burns Afternoon with Chapter 4.
13. EASTWORDS: Any items for our next Newsletter should be sent to Marion Harvie by 6th February please. E-mail address below. Thank you.
DATE FOR YOUR DIARY
14. JOINT CHURCHES ONLINE PRAYER will be on Friday 18th February from 8.00 – 8.40am led by Jim Todd. Log in details from Margaret Tooth.
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE
Next Sunday our service is at 10.30am, led by our Locum Minister Rev. Philip Hacking. The Young Church meet in the Hall from 10.15am before the service. Contact Young Church Leader Senga for more details. The Youth Group meet in the Upper Room, also from 10.15am. Due to tighter restrictions, Tea/Coffee will not be served in the large hall at the close of service.