Week beginning 17th June 2018
1. THE GENERAL SUMMER PRAYER LIST is included with the Order of Service. Please take it home with you to use as part of your own prayer time.
2. THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who volunteered to take a Sunday for this year’s Summer Sunday Club. We now have a full complement of leaders 😊.
3. CAN YOU HELP WITH FLOWER DELIVERY? We will shortly be making up the Delivery Rota for the rest of the year and need new volunteers. If anyone can help, please see Duncan or Margaret Walker after Church.
4. NOTICES for the 24th June and 1st July should be sent to Andy Grant please.
5. WILL GRAHAM CELEBRATION OF HOPE: The final event is this evening at 5pm. In Falkirk Stadium. Please do take one of the ‘Be an Andrew’ cards to help you prayerfully consider a friend to take with you.
6. CHRISTIAN AID: Our fundraising totals for 2018 are as follows: Coffee Morning £776.40; Christian Aid Quiz £37; Donations £110.76; Sunflower Competition £46; Christian Aid Envelopes £491.80. Total: £1461.96. Thank you again for all your support for the work of Christian Aid.
Christian Aid Quiz - The answers to the quiz questions are on the World Mission Board in the Large Hall. This year's winner was Pat Nicol.
7. FALKIRK FOODBANK needs UHT & dried milk, cartons of juice; tinned vegetables, meat, fish, fruit; biscuits, snacks. Gents & ladies’ toiletries; sanitary products, bedding, children’s clothes (aged 6+), cleaning materials including soap powder. Boxes are in the Vestibule and at the door to the Hall.
8. GIFT AID ENVELOPES are in the Vestibule/on pews. Any visitors wishing us to reclaim tax can fill in details on the envelope. Buying online? Try easyfundraising.org.uk, click ‘how it works’; then Support a Good Cause. Larbert East Church is registered.
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
9. THE DISCUSSION GROUPS: meet this week: the Monday Afternoon (Ladies’) Group meets on 18th June at 1.30pm. Please contact Celma for details of venue. They are studying ‘Friendship’. The Wednesday Group meets on 20th June at 2pm in 40 Adam Crescent; the Thursday Group meets on 21st June at 7.30pm in the Small Hall. They will both discuss the Sermon on the Mount. Please remember this is the last meeting for the Wednesday and Thursday Groups until September. All welcome.
10. THE CO-OPERATIVE BRASS BAND hold a fund-raising concert for the Church in Larbert East on Saturday 23rd June at 7.00pm. Tickets £8, £6 concession. Details on the Church website.
11. FLOWER CALENDAR 24th June: Roberta Caldwell, Irene Laurie and Janette Leask
FLOWER DELIVERY ROTA 24th June: Joanne Aikman & Logan and Betty Scott
12. LARBERT EAST HOLIDAY CLUB will be running again during the first week of the school holidays 2nd - 6th July 10am - 12 noon every day in the Church Hall. LCYT Schools Worker Mike Glass will lead this year’s theme ‘Mission Rescue’. Present P1-6’s can register online on the Church website; or on the day.
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE;
Next Sunday the service is at 10.30am led by Melville, when we continue the theme, ‘Anxious for Nothing’.
The Young Church meets as usual (see Regular Notices to the right of this page). The Creche meets in the Creche Room. There will be tea/coffee and biscuits in the Hall after the service.
Please do join us next Sunday.