Week beginning 21st April 2019
1. GIFT AID RECEIPTS: Would anyone who gives through the Gift Aid scheme, please collect their receipt from K Duncan this morning.
2. 89th SCOUT GROUP have a box in Asda for green tokens. If, when shopping, you could pop some into the box this will help our children in the group.
3. VINE TRUST: Fiona Jardine is going to Tanzania this October to help with the construction of Kazunzu Village of Hope - an exciting new venture on a 53-acre site on the shores of Lake Victoria. Her fundraising challenge is to swim 53 miles between now and when she goes! For more information or if you would like to support the project and Fiona, please see her at the Traidcraft Stall. Thank you.
4. FALKIRK FOODBANK: need UHT & dried milk, cartons of juice; tinned vegetables, meat, sausages, mince, stew, macaroni cheese, beans, spaghetti, ravioli, chicken, fish & fruit. Gents & ladies’ toiletries, bedding, children’s clothes, toothpaste/toothbrushes, cleaning materials, soap powder. Boxes in the Vestibule and at the door to the Hall. Thank you.
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
5. EASTGATE, with Marianne Harvey, continues this Tuesday 23rd April from 9.30 – 11.30am in the Small Hall. All welcome.
6. STENHOUSEMUIR PRIMARY COFFEE MORNING will be held in the Small Hall this Thursday 25th April at 10.45am just before Weekday Worship. Please come along to support the children. Entry by donation.
7. WEEKDAY WORSHIP continues this Thursday 25th April at 11.15am led by our own S Jamieson. All welcome.
8. SPRING SING: Columban Singers and Sweet Harmony Barbershop Chorus are holding an evening of Male-Voice Harmony in Larbert East Church on Friday 26th April at 7.30pm. Entry by donation with refreshments available.
9. LARBERT EAST AGM will take place straight after next Sunday’s (shorter) service. Please do stay after the service for the meeting.
10. FLOWER CALENDAR 28th April: D Sharp and P Reid
11. FLOWER DELIVERY ROTA 28th April: A Jamieson and A Hutchison
12. FIRST AID COURSE: We are running a First Aid Course for church attendees. It will be held next Sunday 28th April from 2pm. Anyone interested in coming along, please let Celma know.
13. EASTWORDS: Items for the next newsletter should be given to Marion Harvie by next Sunday 28th April please. E-mail address below.
14. FORTH BRIDGE CROSS takes place this year on Saturday 11th May at 2pm to celebrate the launch of Christian Aid Week. Further details from P Brown.
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE – LOW SUNDAY:
Next Sunday’s (shorter) service at 10.30am will be led by Melville and John when we continue the Easter theme, ‘Jesus’ Last Week’.
The Young Church and Creche meet as usual (see Regular Notices to the right of this page). There will be tea/coffee and biscuits in the Hall after the service, along with the Traidcraft Stall.
Do join us at our service next Sunday.