Week beginning 6th October 2019
1. FALKIRK FOODBANK: Everything is checked and weighed on arrival and 62.3kg was Tuesday morning’s delivery. Tinned tomatoes and Potatoes, Custard, Rice, Puddings, Milk, Tea-bags and Fruit juice will be greatly appreciated. Boxes are in the Vestibule and door to the hall. We deliver it for you.
2. ORDERS FOR CIRCLE OF CARE CALENDARS 2020: These calendars help raise money for the Church of Scotland Social Care Dept. Once again the pictures are excellent and price only £5. See Alan Boyne in the hall after the service.
3. 89th SCOUT GROUP are having a Race Night with the Minions this evening in Larbert Bowling Club. Tickets £2, children free. Contact E. Dick
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
4. THE DISCUSSION GROUPS are looking at small group study material developed by the London Institute for Contemporary Christianity. ‘engage worship’ is about relating our worship to everyday life. All welcome.
5. EAST GATE meets this Tuesday 8th October in the Small Hall from 9.30 – 11.30am. POW Marianne will be there with tea/coffee and a chat.
6. MEMORIES GROUP meets this Wednesday 9th October at 2.00pm. The speaker will be Geoff Bailey and his topic will be ‘Airth’.
7. WEEKDAY WORSHIP continues this Thursday 10th October at 11.15am when Assistant Pastor Stephen McGuire from Found Church will lead the service. Bring along a friend!
8. STENHOUSEMUIR PRIMARY hold their end of term Harvest Service this Friday 11th October in the Church at 9.45am. All parents/carers and friends welcome.
9. FLOWER CALENDAR 13th OCTOBER: Miss J Munro and E Newton
10. FLOWER ARRANGING 13th October: B Cairns
11. FLOWER DELIVERY ROTA 13th October: C Watkins & D Sinclair
12. eLECt is returning on Sunday 20th October. Gathering together from 6.00pm for soup, bread, tea and coffee (and snacks and juice for children). All age worship from 6.30pm, which will have band led music, time for prayer and reflection and a short talk. Tea/coffee and time to talk from 7.20pm. There will be toys and games available for our younger friends. All welcome.
13. FUNDRAISING: Under the new Unity Constitution all fundraising must be coordinated through the Social and Events team. If you are planning any event and would like support of the congregation please submit your request to I Railton or E Dick. Your request will then be agreed at the next available Finance meeting. By coordinating events we will be able to support your ideas at the right time to ensure a fair approach for all organisations by not overlapping with other fundraisers. Many thanks.
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE:
Next Sunday our Service at 10.30am will be led by Melville when we conclude the theme ‘The Gift’.
The Young Church and Creche meets as usual (see Regular Notices to the right of this page).
There will be tea/coffee and biscuits, along with the Traidcraft Stall, in the Hall after the service. Please do join us.