Week beginning 7th March 2021
1. PASTORAL MATTERS: Due to restrictions, the Ministry Team (Melville, John, Marianne and Charlene) must undertake pastoral matters by phone or online. If you need to speak to any of us, please don’t hesitate to phone or email or use the Contact Us Form.
2. EASTWORDS: Today is the closing date items for the next newsletter should be sent to Marion Harvie.
3. PRAYER: Please join other Christians in lighting a candle and praying at 7pm every Sunday evening, for the corona virus pandemic. More information on Larbert East Church website: Prayer Page.
4. FOODBANK UPDATE: Items needed: tinned soup, custard, rice, fruit, spaghetti and potatoes; cereals, tea bags and coffee. Further information on Falkirk Foodbank Website. We hope to be able to arrange a ‘drop-off’ time in the Church carpark on the last Saturday in March.
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
5. MEMORIES GROUP: The next quiz comes out tomorrow, 8th March. For further information please contact Duncan at 556200 or use the Contact Us form.
6. ZOOM DISCUSSION GROUP The Monday Afternoon Group meets tomorrow at 2.00pm. Please get in touch with Celma: contact us form
7. THE KIRK SESSION meets online this Wednesday 10th March at 7pm. Please begin to log-in at least 10 minutes beforehand.
8. WEEKDAY WORSHIP will continue this Thursday 11th March at 11.15am, led by Melville. Due to the continued restrictions, for the time being it will be online only.
9. CHOIR PRACTICE has resumed online on Thursdays at 7.30pm. Please contact organist Martin Fairbairn for further details.
10. JOINT LENT ZOOM BIBLE STUDY GROUP: The 3rd of 6 meetings will be this Thursday 11th March 7.30pm, for the Larbert Churches. The subject is ‘Seven Last Words of Jesus’ on the Cross. If you’d like to join, please let Melville know and he’ll send the link.
11 .POST LOCKDOWN RECIPE BOOK: I am hoping to pull together a 'Post Lockdown' recipe book. If you would like to share your short story along with
NEXT SUNDAY’S ONLINE SERVICE-MOTHERS DAY (LENT 4)
The Livestreamed Online Morning Service at 10.30am will be online led by Melville with Charlene and Marianne recording their contributions. As well as celebrating Mother’s Day, we’ll continue the 3rd part of the theme, ‘The Time has Come’, journeying through Mark’s Gospel.
The Young Church online Breakfast Club meets next Sunday from 10.00 - 10.25am. Contact Young Church Leader Senga for details. Please do join us online next Sunday.
Larbert East YouTube Channel with livestream and recent services