Week beginning 5th November 2017
1. THANK YOU to members of the World Mission Team and to everyone else who helped at and/or supported last Sunday’s Souper Sunday’ soup and bread lunch. It was a very good day. £320 so far has been raised in aid of the Church of Scotland HIV Programme. There are still Gift Aid envelopes in the pews if anyone else would like to make a donation.
2. CIRCLE OF CARE CALENDARS: Orders are now being taken for 2018 Calendars. These calendars help raise money for the Church of Scotland Social Care Department. Once again the pictures are excellent and the price is still only £5. See Alan Boyne in the hall after the service.
3. SCREW TOP GLASS BOTTLES are needed to make Ginger Wine for the Christmas Cracker. If you have any, please leave in the kitchen for Fiona Jardine to collect. Thank you.
4. FALKIRK FOODBANK needs UHT and dried milk, cartons of juice (not needing kept cool); tinned vegetables, meat, fish, fruit; biscuits & snacks. Gents toiletries, ladies’ toiletries/ sanitary products, bedding, children’s clothes, cleaning materials including soap powder which will be split into bags to share. Boxes are in the Vestibule and at the door to the Hall.
5. DOING MORE WITH DONATIONS: Gift Aid envelopes are in the Vestibule/on pews. Visitors wishing us to reclaim tax can fill in details on the envelope. Buying online? Try easyfundraising.org.uk, click ‘how it works’; then Support a Good Cause. Larbert East Church is registered.
NOTICES FOR THIS WEEK
6. MEET FALKIRK PRESBYTERY’S NEW MISSION PARTNER! Margaret MacDonald, who has spent almost her whole teaching career in Falkirk Council, is the new Principal of Tabeetha School, Jaffa. Falkirk Presbytery has organised a special ‘meet and greet’ event for all churches in Falkirk Presbytery to meet Margaret. It is here in Larbert East Church Hall, this Tuesday 7th November at 7pm. Please do come along.
7. WEEKDAY WORSHIP is this Thursday 9th November at 11.15am when our own Alex Grant will lead the service. All welcome.
8. FLOWER CALENDAR 12th November: Janette Broadfoot, Margaret Watson and Janice Brown
9. FLOWER DELIVERY ROTA 12th November: Duncan & Margaret Walker and Gill Hendry
10. LMCA meets on Wednesday 15th November at 7.30pm in Stenhouse & Carron Church. There will be a presentation by Mr Peter Minshall, CEO of SVGCA “Scottish Veterans’ Garden City Association” (Providing homes for disabled veterans). OPEN EVENT – All Welcome.
11. GIFT SUNDAY: This year’s Gift Sunday is on 19th November, when we will support Blythswood
Care Shoebox Appeal. There are still leaflets on the Vestibule table with further information. Please do support this excellent cause.
12. SAFEGUARDING: A training for ALL members will be held on Tuesday 21st November in the large hall at 6.30pm. Falkirk Presbytery have stated that Kirk Sessions must ensure that volunteers attend training within 12 months after becoming PVG members. If you are able to attend or need more information please contact Catherine Nichol. This evening is also for anyone who has never previously attended a training or wishes to renew the procedures, not just for new volunteers.
13. DOWN MEMORY LANE takes place in Larbert East Church Hall on Wednesday 22nd November at 2.00pm. The speaker will be Russell McGillivray. Details from Duncan Walker.
14. CHRISTMAS CRACKER - SATURDAY 25th NOVEMBER: Christmas Cracker will run in the same format as last year with the usual stalls. (There will be no bric a brac, books, DVDs or jigsaws). All stallholders and helpers will be able to access the Large Hall on Friday 24th November from 7.30pm for setting up. The Small Hall will also be set up for children's activities and the Session Room for Santa's Grotto. The table layout will be the same as last year. Any queries contact Fiona Green.
15. LARBERT CHURCHES YOUTH TRUST is holding a family Ceilidh from 7.30-10pm on Friday November 10th at Larbert High School to support the work of The Trust. Music will be from local Ceilidh band CHAPTER 4. Soft drinks will be available for sale, please bring your own supper / nibbles. Tickets cost - single £5, family £15 are available from Robin Duncan or Margaret Tooth.
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE:
REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY: Next Sunday the Remembrance Sunday Service at 10.30am will be conducted by Melville, when we begin a new theme, ‘The Possibility of Peace’ . We’ll also welcome members of the Army Cadets and the British Legion to join us for the service, as well as our own Uniformed Organisations. The Young Church and Crèche meet as usual (see Regular Notices to the right of this page). There will be tea/coffee and biscuits in the Hall after the service. Please do join us next Sunday.