Week beginning 12th August 2018
1. FALKIRK FOODBANK – SCHOOLS’ SUMMER PROJECT: Please support Falkirk Foodbank to provide food for children who normally have school lunches to ensure the Foodbank won’t have to buy food from supermarkets. They need UHT & dried milk, cartons of juice; tinned vegetables, meat, fish, fruit; biscuits, snacks. Gents & ladies’ toiletries; sanitary products, bedding, children’s clothes (aged 6+), cleaning materials, soap powder. Boxes in the Vestibule & at the door to the Hall. Thank you.
2. ELDERS: please uplift Eastwords/District Lists from the back of the church at the close of the service. Thank you.
3. LARBERT CHURCHES YOUTH TRUST (LCYT) is one of the 3 chosen green token charities in ASDA Stenhousemuir until the end of September. Every time you shop there, ask for a green token(s) at the checkout, then place in the LCYT box as you leave the store, there is no cost, and you can ‘vote’ every time you shop.
4. SANCTUARY FIRST present Songs of Sanctuary with the Bogle Band & friends this afternoon at 2pm on the Vine Trust Barge Prince of Wales Dock Leith EH6 7DX. Free entry – book tickets online: www.sanctuaryfirst.org.uk
5. GIFT AID ENVELOPES are in the Vestibule/on pews. Any visitors wishing us to reclaim tax can fill in details on the envelope. Buying online? Try easyfundraising.org.uk, click ‘how it works’; then Support a Good Cause. Larbert East Church is registered.
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
6. THE DISCUSSION GROUPS: The Monday Afternoon (Ladies’) Group meets tomorrow. For further details, please see Celma. They are studying ‘Friendship’.
7. FLOWER CALENDAR 19th August: Margaret Watson and Sheena McKenzie
8. FLOWER DELIVERY ROTA 19th August: Janice Brown and Joanne Aikman
9. A DATE TO REMEMBER: Darren Jalland, one of our elders, is being ‘set apart’ as a Reader at a service here in Larbert East on Thursday 23rd August at 7pm. Please do come along and prayerfully support Darren on this special occasion.
10. THE CHURCH BBQ will take place at Muiravonside Country Park on Sunday 26th August from 13.00 - 16.00. It’s open to everyone, not just the Young Church. There will be games too, including a 5-a-side football tournament. Sign up sheets are at the Traidcraft Stall for 5-a-side football (including those wanting to play but looking for others to be in a team with) - games will be 10 mins long and all ages are encouraged. We’d ideally like teams to have at least two adults and two children and be mixed sex. No special kit required either! Sheets are also available for those needing a lift or those who can offer a lift to someone else. Please bring some food (Martin Fairbairn will be running the barbecue) although we will have a small amount spare for anyone who forgets. There will also be the annual men v women tug-of-war. We hope to see you there!
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE:
Next Sunday the service at 10.30am will be led by Melville, when we begin a new theme.
The last of this year’s Summer Sunday Club (3-12 years) as well as the Youth Group (S1-6) meet as usual (see Regular Notices to the right of this page). The Creche meets in the Creche Room. There will be tea/coffee and biscuits in the Hall after the service.
Please do join us next Sunday.