Week beginning 26th November 2023
1. CHRISTMAS COFFEE MORNING: A huge thank you to all who came along to support yesterday’s Christmas Coffee Morning, also to those who worked so hard to make it such a success. The total will be given ASAP.
2. FLOWER CALENDAR 2024 is now in the vestibule of the Church, if you would like to choose a special date in the calendar for your flower donation. A huge thank you to all who have donated flowers to the Church during 2023, also those who pop money in the box.
3. LARBERT EAST WOMEN’S GROUP: Menu available for our Christmas meal on 5th December, see Irene for your choices and Catherine for money - £24 including tip. All choices and monies to be paid today please.
4. EASY FUNDRAISING: As we think about Christmas and buying gifts early on-line, please consider registering with ‘Easy Fundraising’. This costs you nothing but Larbert East Church funds benefit. Thank you to the small number of members who regularly support us. Easy fundraising partners with over 7,000 brands who donate part of what you spend to a cause of your choice. Brands pay Easy Fundraising a commission, so when you start your shop from them the easy fundraising website or app, they see they sent you to them. When making a purchase, a commission is generated, and in return we receive a donation. https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk
5. PASTORAL MATTERS: Appointments can be made for Pastoral visits to meet with John and Marianne, telephone numbers on back page if you need to speak with us. Please do not hesitate to phone or email or use the contact us form.
6. ORGAN POSTLUDE: ‘Dir, dir, Jehova’ by Sigfrid Karg-Elert
THIS WEEKS NOTICES
7. WEEKDAY WORSHIP continues on Thursday 30th November at 11.15am, led by Mike Glass from Larbert Churches’ Youth Trust. Tea/coffee will be in the Church from 10.30am. All welcome.
8. FOODBANK: Our next collection takes place in the Church car park on Saturday 2nd December from 11.00 – 11.30am. Thank you for your support.
9. FLOWER CALENDAR for 3 rd December: Johan Henderson in memory of her daughter and Nancy’s granddaughter, Robin; Sheila Summers
10.THE STRATHCARRON SINGERS, under Musical Director Matthew Brown, are holding Christmas concerts in Grangemouth Town Hall on Sunday 3rd December at 2.30 pm, including Broxburn and Livingston Brass Band, and in Park Church Stirling on December 10 at 2.30pm with Clacks District Development Brass Band. Admission is free, donations to Strathcarron Hospice.
11. MEMORIES GROUP: The next meeting will be on Wednesday 6 th December at 2.00pm. The speaker will be Sandy Reid on ‘Local Football Between the Wars’.
12.CAROL SINGING AT ASDA – The Larbert and Stenhousemuir area Churches are carol singing inside ASDA on Saturday 9 th December at 10.30am, in aid of Larbert Churches’ Youth Trust. Come along and join in the wonderful Carols of Christmas (carol sheets provided).
13. THE ROYAL VOLUNTARY SERVICES have hired Larbert East Church Hall on Thursday 7th December at 1.00pm to put on live entertainment and a Christmas film show (Miracle on 34th Street) for their elderly clients in the Forth Valley area and the volunteers that support them. I am looking to see if anyone would be kind enough to donate some home baking for their cuppa. If you can, please contact Lorraine Love (Blair) through the contact us form.
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE - FIRST SUNDAY IN ADVENT
Next Sunday, our service is at 10.30am, when we welcome Rev. John Brown to lead our service. There will be a retiring offering for Larbert Churches’ Youth Trust.
The Young Church meets in the Hall from 10.15am before the service. Contact Young Church Leader Senga for details. The Youth Group meets in the Upper Room, also from 10.15am.
Tea/coffee will be in the Large Hall at the close of the service. Please join us.