Week beginning 24th May 2020
1. PASTORAL MATTERS: Due to the ongoing lockdown, the Ministry Team (Melville, John and Marianne) following the Church authorities’ advice, must undertake pastoral matters only by phone or online. So, if you need to speak to any of us, please don’t hesitate to phone or email.
2. CHRISTIAN AID: did you count up 20p per cup of tea/coffee and 50p per biscuit/cake you ate last week for Christian Aid? That was our Local and Global Outreach Team’s idea to support Christian Aid Week. Please do donate your total to Christian Aid through the direct donate button on the Christian Aid website at: https://www.christianaid.org.uk Thank you.
3. PRAYER: Please join with other Christians by lighting a candle and praying at 7pm every Sunday evening, for the present corona virus crisis situation. There is more information at:
We also have an up-to-date General Prayer list available on the website to use as well to pray at 7pm on Sunday evenings. Why not contact a friend through ‘Zoom’ or Facetime to pray together at 7pm each Sunday night? Thank you.
4. EASTWORDS: We are doing an online only copy of Eastwords. This will be available on the Church website from today.
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES:
5. FALKIRK FOODBANK: Due to the stricter regulations, we cannot accept donations for the Foodbank at present. You can still, however, donate at your local supermarket. Further information at: falkirk.foodbank.org.uk
It gives all the facts you need to know: address, opening hours, delivery, and donations. Work/Office Tel No: 01324 630366
ONE – OFF GIFTS: By Debit Card/Electronic Transfer to Sort Code: 80 22 60 Acct No: 14465666
Cheques made payable to: Falkirk Foodbank Scio
7. ZOOM DISCUSSION GROUP: The next ‘Zoom’ meeting of the Thursday Group will be this Thursday 28th May 8.10pm after the weekly applause for all Key Workers. If you’d like to join in, please let Melville know.
8. FLOWER CALENDAR, FLOWER ARRANGING, FLOWER DELIVERY ROTA: All suspended until public worship services resume.
9. MONTHLY REFLECTION: Until Weekday Worship can resume, we are going to do a monthly online short reflection on the 1st Thursday of the month at 11.15am. The next Reflection will be on 4th June.
NEXT SUNDAY’S ONLINE SERVICE – PENTECOST SUNDAY:
Next Sunday is Pentecost Sunday. The Online Service is at 10.30am led by Melville. We will continue our theme, ‘You are…’
The Young Church and Creche, tea/coffee and Traidcraft Stall are all suspended until public worship can resume again.
But please do join us online at ‘Larbert East YouTube’!
Link to online service can be found here http://www.larberteastchurch.com/www/index.php/interactive/watch-live