Week beginning 14th October 2018
1. ELDERS/DEACONS please uplift letters for distribution from the sound desk.
2. SUNFLOWER COMPETITION: If you entered the sunflower competition but were not here last Sunday, please see Fiona Jardine after the service. She has a small prize for you!
3. FALKIRK FOODBANK: need UHT & dried milk, cartons of juice; tinned vegetables, meat, fish, fruit; biscuits, snacks. Gents & ladies’ toiletries; sanitary products, bedding, children’s clothes, cleaning materials, soap powder. Boxes in the Vestibule and at the door to the Hall. Thank you.
4. REFUGEE AID: Re-Act Falkirk collects & sorts items for refugee families. They’d like unwanted sewing machines (even needing minor repair), knitting needles, wool & fabric to give to Syrian families who have settled in Central Scotland. Contact Ellen Hamilton. Fiona Jardine has more information or uplift an information sheet from the Traidcraft Stall.
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
5. ‘EASTGATE’ isn’t meeting this week but resumes next Tuesday 23rd October 9.30-11.30am in the Small Hall. Marianne will be there with free tea/coffee and biscuits, and time to chat informally about healthy ‘Taste and Try’. All welcome.
6. WOMEN’S GROUP meets on Tuesday 16th October in the Large Hall at 7.30pm. This will be a Bonsai Demonstration. All ladies welcome.
7. WEEKDAY WORSHIP this Thursday 18th October at 11.15am will be led by Stuart Shaw from the Salvation Army. All welcome to this short service.
8. FLOWER CALENDAR 21st October: Margaret Watson and Betty Ferguson
9. FLOWER DELIVERY ROTA 21st October: Pat Nicol and Dorothy Sinclair
10. LMCA VISIT TO GLASGOW RIVERSIDE MUSEUM OF TRANSPORT takes place on Tuesday 23rd October. Please meet in Larbert East Car Park by 9.30am for travel by cars. Names of people wishing to attend to Kelvin Cairns or Ronnie Summers.
11. MEMORIES GROUP next meets in the Large Hall on Wednesday 24th October at 2.00 pm. The speaker will be Brian Watters on Carron Company.
12. EASTWORDS: Items for the next newsletter should be given to Marion Harvie by 28th October please. E-mail address below.
13. A CONGREGATIONAL MEETING will be held after Church on 4th November to vote on the Unitary Constitution.
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE:
Next Sunday the Service at 10.30am will be led by our own Darren Jalland, now a Reader in Falkirk Presbytery. Please do come to support Darren.
The Young Church meets as usual (see Regular Notices to the right of this page). The Creche meets in the Creche Room.
There will be tea/coffee and biscuits in the Hall after the service. Please join us next Sunday.