Week beginning 14th January 2018
1. THE TRAIDCRAFT STALL resumes today after the service in the Large Hall.
2. ENQUIRERS’ GROUP: For those thinking about/wanting to join the Church, Melville holds the 1st of 6 meetings this afternoon at 2.30pm in the Small Hall.
3. FALKIRK FOODBANK needs UHT and dried milk, cartons of juice (not needing kept cool); tinned vegetables, meat, fish, fruit; biscuits & snacks. Gents toiletries, ladies’ toiletries/ sanitary products, bedding, children’s clothes (aged 6 upwards), cleaning materials including soap powder which will be split into bags to share. Boxes are in the Vestibule and at the door to the Hall.
4. LILY PAD provides a breakfast service and support to identified young people with a secure and safe base at Larbert High. The Session and Deacons’ Court want to support this very important venture. Our turn is the week of 5th February. So, after today, for the next 3 Sundays, we will support this in place of the Foodbank. There are sheets at the Traidcraft Stall for you to sign up to donate specific items requested. Please bring your donations to Church by Sunday 4th February and inform Senga Smith, who is collating the donations. Thank you for your support.
5. DOING MORE WITH DONATIONS: Gift Aid envelopes are in the Vestibule/on pews. Visitors wishing us to reclaim tax can fill in details on the envelope. Buying online? Try easyfundraising.org.uk, click ‘how it works’; then Support a Good Cause. Larbert East Church is registered.
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
6. BANNER GROUP resumes this Monday 15th January at 2.30pm in the Session Room. New members welcome.
7. PASTORAL CARE TEAM meets this Wednesday 17th January in the Small Hall at 2.00pm.
8. WEEKDAY WORSHIP continues this Thursday 18th January at 11.15am led by Rev Bill Denholm. All welcome to this short service.
9. LMCA: Next meeting to be held in Larbert West Church this Thursday 18th January at 7.30pm. P.C. Gavin will give a talk on Community Policing. This will be an Open Night. All welcome.
10. FLOWER DELIVERY ROTA 21st January: Jean Mathie and Janice Brown
11. MEMORIES GROUP next meet on Wednesday 24th January at 2pm in the Large Hall when the speaker will be Geoff Bailey, Local Historian from Falkirk Community Trust.
12. THE DISCUSSION GROUPS resume as follows: the Monday Group on 22nd January 7.30pm at 36 Aitchison Drive Larbert; Thursday Group on 25th January 7.30pm in the Creche Room; Wednesday Group on 31st January at 2pm, venue to be confirmed. All groups will look at Psalms – Prayers of the Heart.
13. EASTWORDS: Items for the next newsletter should be given to Marion Harvie by 28th January please. Email address below.
14. NEWS OF FORMER STUDENT ANNE WHITE: Anne has completed her training as an OLM, and is due to be ordained as OLM in Falkirk: Grahamston United Church on 1st February at 7pm. Details will be confirmed next week.
NEXT SUNDAY’S SERVICE:
Next Sunday the service will be at 10.30am and will be conducted by Melville, when we continue our theme ‘Endings and Beginnings’.
The Young Church meets as usual. The Creche meets in the Creche Room.There will be tea/coffee and biscuits in the Hall after the service.
Please do join us next Sunday.